Bar Mitzvah Caterers, Bar Mitzvah Catering Halls, Banquet Facilities, Bar Mitzvah Locations
So how do you feed your bar mitzvah guests? Well, if you choose to have your reception in a venue (or a tent) that does not provide catering, you will need to hire a mobile Bar Mitzvah caterer. Just make sure you start meeting with them in the beginning of your planning, because the tastiest bar mitzvah caterers book up quickly.
Take a peak at their portfolios and menus to get an idea of their style and creativity. They should be able to show you photos of their plated meals (appetizer, side dish, pasta, entrée, and desert), as well as pictures of their hors d’oeuvres and Bar / Bat Mitzvah buffet set up.
In addition to cooking and preparing, your meals, a Bar Mitzvah caterer is responsible for supplying trained wait staff, setting up the tables with china and silverware, stocking and working the bar, and cleaning up at the end of the bar mitzvah. Also, make sure the Bar Mitzvah caterer’s contract is clear about the type and the amount of food that is to be served, as well as how the food is going to be served, and the number of servers they will provide.
Good Questions to Ask Bar Mitzvah Caterers:
• What is your Bar Mitzvah specialty, and how do you create a menu geared to both kids and adults?
• How many years have you been in the catering business?
• What percentage of your catering business is devoted to Bar Mitzvahs?
• Can we make an appointment for a bar mitzvah food tasting? Is there a change for this?
• Do you have liability insurance?
• What is the ratio of staff to bar mitzvah guests?
• When do you require the final bar mitzvah head-count?
• How do you price your Bar Mitzvah staffing and gratuities?
• What’s included in the bar mitzvah catering price, and what do you price separately? (food, beverages, service, centerpieces, linens, china, chair covers, other rentals, etc.)
• Do you charge a bar mitzvah cake cutting fee?
• How do you charge for liquor; straight per person, or per the bottle?
• Can we supply our own bartender and liquor?
• Do you offer a kid’s menu for the below Bar Mitzvah aged kids?
• How do you like to pace the meal serving times? How many courses?
• Will you provide us with a complete and signed catering price list?
• Will you show us photos from recent Bar Mitzvahs your catered?
• May we speak to one of your recent Bar Mitzvah catering clients?
• What is your payment/cancellation policy, and do you accept credit cards?