Bar Mitzvah Reception Sites, Bar Mitzvah Party Locations, Venues, Catering Halls
Where is this fabulous bar mitzvah party going to take place? It’s the backdrop of your child’s dreams and memories, so this might be your first and most important question to answer.
Our advice: start looking early. Nice bar mitzvah banquet halls (hotels, country clubs, restaurants, synagogues, and other reception sites) book up quickly, because they are being considered by others planning bar mitzvahs, weddings, and corporate events. Many bar mitzvah venues get booked up a year in advance – even sooner.
Location, location, location! Browse our local Bar/Bat Mitzvah venue guide and find a location that suits your needs. ModernMitzvah.com has prepared loads of detailed information on the top Bar Mitzvah venues and reception facilities including photos, tips and trends, style, and contact information.
Good Questions to Ask Your Bar Mitzvah Reception Site Managers:
• How many rooms do you have, and what are their capacities?
• Do you have a floor plan for us you to see, so we can see how the tables are set up and plan our bar mitzvah seating chart?
• How many bar mitzvahs or weddings do you host at one time? Will we be crossing paths with guests from another party?
• Do you have a nice outdoor space available for a bar mitzvah cocktail party?
• What special amenities do you have?
• What’s included in the price, and what do you price separately? (food, beverages, service, centerpieces, linens, china, chair covers, other rentals, etc.)
• Does your Bar Mitzvah venue have a kitchen or will we have to hire a mobile caterer to handle the food service?
• If you provide the bar mitzvah catering, when can we schedule a tasting? Is there a charge for this?
• Which do you suggest for a bar mitzvah in your venue; waiter, family style, or buffet service?
• How do you price your Bar Mitzvah staffing and gratuities?
• How do you handle the pricing of a bar mitzvah that runs overtime?
• Will you recommend other approved Bar Mitzvah service professionals; like photographers, DJs, and florists?
• Do you take a commission from these referrals?
• Are there any special issues that a DJ or caterer will need to understand about your venue?
• Can we see the room set up right before a Bar Mitzvah or wedding? (this is a good idea to see how well the staff performs)
• Will you show us photos from recent bar mitzvahs?
• May we speak to one of your recent Bar Mitzvah clients?
• Do you have liability insurance, and what are the insurance requirements of the outside vendors?
• What is your payment/cancellation policy, and do you accept credit cards?